For the life of me I can't understand where all of my project time has gone. Well, that's not exactly true, I have been crazy busy making palm trees for Cub Scouts, working on art displays for our FAME class at my daughter's school, cooking, cleaning, working the city election and fitting in Halloween somewhere in there. I also had a little glitch in my wisdom tooth extraction that I have been dealing with. I have finally finished the last of my antibiotics (again) so hopefully I am on the mend. Needless to say, not much has been going on that is post worthy here. I've been doing a few Zentangles and sketches but that's about it and I am feeling it! Need some project time! The Zentangles have been fun though, and my daughter has joined in with them. If you don't know what a Zentangle is you can find lots of examples HERE and a great little tutorial HERE . They are a relaxing way to do some mindless creativity. They look very complicated but they are so simple. Even people who think they are not creative (don't believe that, by the way) can make amazing Zentangles. Break out the paper and pen and give it a try.
A while back, creativemomma left the sweetest award for me on her blog. She is one talented girl and you should definately check out her fun challenges, so I am truly honored to get an award from her. And I have to apologize big time for taking so long to get this posted. I printed out the questions the very day she left them so I could work on them and this is the first time I have been able to get them posted. Thank you so much for the award especially since I have been such a bad blogger lately. As part of the award I needed to answer the following questions:
1. Where is your cell phone? Honestly, my cell phone is in my purse but it's pretty useless since the battery has been dead for at least a week.
2. Hair? Brown, fine and annoying
3. Mother? Idaho
4. Father? Idaho
5. Favorite food? Lemon bars
6. Dream last night? I almost never remember any of my dreams but that's pretty much how most things go for me. If I don't write it down, I won't remember it.
7. Favorite drink? Orange Sunkist but I haven't had one in a LONG time.
8. Your dream/goal? To have my kids tell me I was a good mom when they are old AND to make a living doing something I love.
9. What room are you in? My bedroom.
10. Hobby? Not sure I could choose just one. Anything creative.
11. Fear? Failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? I hope I am here, only more organized.
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren't? Swimsuit model
15. Muffins? Blueberry or orange
16. Wish list item? My own studio
17. Where did you grow up? Idaho
18. Last thing you did? Made my son a peanut butter sandwich. That kid could eat his weight in peanut butter sandwiches.
19. What are you wearing? My mom uniform (jeans and t-shirt)
20. Your TV? It's on Disney.
21. Your pets? None.
22. Friends? I have many good friends and only one Jenny.
23. Your life? I have a nutty, busy, good life.
24. Your mood? Anxious, which is how I get when I haven't worked on a project in a while. Should take a hint and just forget all of my need to's and do some want to's.
25. Missing someone? Yep. My brother who is in Iraq right now. He is so much fun to have around. Even when he's not deployed he lives halfway across the country but we can talk to him more at least.
26. Vehicle? Chrysler Concorde. I love that car. I hope it lasts me at least another year.
27. Something you're not wearing? Makeup, some days are like that. Hope no one decides to come over and no, that's not a challenge!
28. Favorite store? Do I have to pick just one?!! Michaels, Roberts, Porters for project stuff. Albertson's for coupons. Always seem to be at Wal-Mart but NOT because it is my favorite.
29. Favorite color? I LOVE fuschia. I have a '68 VW Beetle that is hot pink. Hot pink makes my heart HAPPY!
30. When was the last time you laughed? Earlier today.
31. Last time you cried? It's been awhile, I'm probably due for a good cry but it sure gives me a headache.
32. Best friend? You know who you are.
33. One place you go over and over? The grocery store. ARGH!!! Has to do with what I said about forgetting anything that's not written down.
34. Facebook? Yes, but only recently. I'm still trying to get the hang of it.
35. Favorite place to eat? Carino's. I do love some good Italian.
Well, that's it. That's me in a nutshell. Thanks again creativemomma. You're so sweet. Hopefully I will be back before long with something new to show you.