Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bad Blogger, Bad, Bad, Bad

Ok, so I can't believe that it has really been almost a month since I have updated my blog. Summer has really thrown me for a loop. Schedules and plans have gone completely out the window. It's been a crazy summer here for us. I have done a few cards and things but I just haven't found a minute to take pictures. It seems the only times I can fit pictures in are early in the morning or late at night. Bad light makes for some bad pictures. Here's something that I made this week for my daughter's 8th birthday. The "A" cake topper was made from gum paste and the rest of the cake was done with fondant. My daughter is really into Littlest Pet Shop so she chose a few of her favorites and I tried my best to duplicate them in fondant. I know that it is possible to just attach the actual pets onto the cake but I just wanted to see if I could do it. I love a challenge and plus non-food decorations on cakes kind of bug me. Can anyone say Cakewrecks ? That blog brings much laughter into my day. If you've never looked at it, you should. Cupcake cakes and non-food decorations are also annoying to others it turns out. It's nice not to be alone in my silly peeves.
Besides it made for much fun for my nephew. He had a great time switching heads with the cat and the bird and then just eating the cats head. You sure can't do that with actual Littlest Pet Shop toys. Boys...I don't know if I'll ever get them but they sure make me laugh in the meantime.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that it tasted great too! I loved the cake it was super cute. Thanks for the fun party too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's certainly a step up from last year's horse cake, huh? Absolutely adorable! And I think the pets turned out fabulous! Tell Alexis happy birthday for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake came out beautifully. I've tried my hands at fondant before but am not very comfortable with it. I wonder how long until it starts to harden. I have to try gum paste one of these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are alive!!! I was about to show up on your doorstep again to check on ya!! Totally understand about the "craziness" of summer!! Ok...that cake is so dang cute! My daughter would die if she saw that ~ she a Littlest Pet Shop fan too {that's funny about your nephew eatin' the cats head}!! I'm going to send it into Cake Wrecks for the Sunday Sweets edition ~ cause on Sundays they highlight awesomely great cakes!! I'm glad you're back and as amazing as ever!! ♥ ya!!

    ReplyDelete