Thursday, March 29, 2012

Play Days

Wow!  It's been an awfully long time since I've updated my blog.  I have dreaded trying to get current and so I procrastinated even longer, which just makes me more behind.  So I decided that I won't even try to catch up.  I'll just start from where I am now.  The bonus is that you won't have to read about fibro flares and other "unpleasants" going on.  I really don't like to be unpleasant!!!  I like being REAL but want you to leave this little blog of mine a teesy bit happier for have taken the time to see what I'm up to.  I want you to feel uplifted and encouraged!!  We've all got "unpleasants" and our goal is to find ways to handle them with strength, courage, love, and a teensy bit of humor, right?
That said, my friend Kate came over the other day for an art play day.  I'm so grateful that Kate and I found each other through this art journaling world.  It's great fun to get together and just throw some supplies around a page.  Kate had some new treasures that she brought for me to try out and they were great fun!
I used her new Tim Holtz inks, Dr. Ph Martin liquid watercolors, and quickly tried out an Aqua Marker.  Kate gave me some letter stamps that made her crazy, so I used those too!  There is also a bit of gesso, fluid acrylics, fabric spray paint, Staz-On ink, Sharpie paint pens, charcoal and a playing dog image from an Oprah magazine. 
And speaking of art days, I finally finished doing something with the alcohol ink background that I made the last time Kate and I got together to paint.
I loved this background so much, that it has taken me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with it.  I wanted more layers but didn't want to lose too much of the green/turquoise ink.  In the end I used Inktense blocks, gesso, absorbent ground, Caran D'Ache watercolor crayons, acrylics, india ink with the script liner brush, and pit pens.
Thanks Kate for the great art play day.  I can't wait to get together again!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jolene, I love how your page turned out. You hadn't added the embellishments before I left so this looks really great. I am glad I got to see it here along with your other page. It sure was fun playing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are so very awesome! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art just makes me happy and inspired. Wow, now you are including little dogs! So cute! I especially love the way you showcased the quote by Elder Bednar. You are an inspiration to us all! Keep painting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete