Wednesday, September 5, 2012

M&M's! It's What For Dinner!

I've been on a bit of a sketching tear lately...and boy am I rusty.  I was watching this video posted by Jane LaFazio of an interview with Danny Gregory and Danny made a comment about how easy it is to get out of the habit of daily sketching, but when you start again, you wonder why you ever stopped.  That's exactly how I feel!  So even though I'm rusty AND I'm using a Moleskine sketchbook with watercolors (FRUSTRATING!), I'm trying to get a sketch in every day.
This was a sketch of my dinner while on a 3 hour drive, on a very bumpy road (might need to lodge a complaint with the Road Department, sheesh!), using a Pitt pen, waterbrush, and watercolors.  AND while I highly recommend the Mint M&M's, I will concede that they are probably not the healthiest choice for dinner! 

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you are sketching again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! Glad you made the drive pass quickly! It was so fun to see you guys! Maybe you should see what you could come up with on a 13 hour drive. There are some spots between Page and Flagstaff that are CRAZY bumpy. You may just invent a new art form. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete