Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2S4Y and Raspberry Suite Challenges

Just have a couple of cards to post today. First up is a card I finished for Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite challenge. This is the first time I have played along with Dawn's color challenges. Dawn is famous for her color choices and I have loved all of her color challenge colors but I usually don't get the card done in time to post it. I just use her palette. But this time I was determined to post my card and play along.
I love these colors together. The patterned paper is Bo Bunny, Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper and the embossed white cardstock is Doodlebug. The flowers are from Prima. The trim is American Crafts and the letter stickers are Making Memories.
I liked the colors from Dawn's color challenge so much that I just kept using them for my card for 2S4Y this week. This is based on Laura's sketch and uses a little bit of everything. The patterned paper is Making Memories, Fancy Pants, Bo Bunny, The Paper Company, and Doodlebug. The cardstock tag is Colorbok. The flourish rub-on is Heidi Grace and the letter rub-ons are American Crafts. The button is SEI. The letter stickers are Making Memories and the ribbon is American Crafts. I sanded and inked all the edges with Tim Holtz ink. I hope you like them. Such great colors. Thank you Dawn for the colors and thank you Laura for the sketch. I love them both. I had better get this posted before I miss another deadline for Raspberry Suite. Be back soon.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!! I love the colors:)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! The layerd flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great cards. Those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, what a beautiful flower...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your cards! The flowers look awesome and there's so many beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely card!! Beauiful colors and sparkle!! TFP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a really pretty card! I love all the layers! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete