Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today Is The Big Day

Well, I've got just a quick post again. I'm trying to quickly get all my stuff done this morning so I can watch today's Senate Confirmation Hearings on CSPAN. Yes, you read that right. CSPAN! I can honestly say I thought CSPAN was only to torture waiting room patients in the ER. It makes sick people come to blows over the one remaining copy of the AARP magazine. But I have cleared my schedule to watch CSPAN. My best friend's dad has been nominated by President Obama to the Assistant to the Secretary of the Interior, Indian Affairs and today is his hearing. Larry EchoHawk is seriously one of the wisest men I know. I am always amazed by his wisdom and ability to handle serious issues. Jenny was able to go to Washington D.C. to be with her family to watch his hearing. Jenny will be famous on CSPAN! Who could ask for more!
I've been working furiously on making a stack of cards for my mom for Mother's Day. I make her cards every year. It's her favorite gift. She's so good with corespondence. Here's a few that I've added to the pile.
Mostly My Mind's Eye, Penny Lane Collection with a few odd scraps here and there. The chipboard letters are Basic Grey and the ribbon is American Crafts.
Once upon a time, there was a line of paper from My Mind's Eye called Kaleidoscope. How I loved Kaleidoscope. I used it for just about everything for a while. I discovered while I was making this card that I have used the last card-sized piece of Kaleidoscope left in my scraps. I can still keep making flowers and things but other than that it's finally time that I bid a fond farewell to my Kaleidoscope. The letter stickers are Making Memories and the jewel brads are Little Yellow Bicycle.
How about this for a random mix. The patterned paper for the background is Cosmo Cricket and Scenic Route. The paper is used on the flowers is just about every other paper company known to man. The letter stickers are American Crafts.
Have a good one. I'm off to prepare to watch a little CSPAN. I can't believe I just said that. I am more prepared for this little hearing than I was for the Super Bowl. Go Larry!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Have fun CSPANing it today. Hopefully you find the right CSPAN channel. Have you reconsidered the race? I think who we have so far is Byron or Becky depending on who is going to go to Zack's football game, and Lindsey. If you change your mind, just go to williefree5k.com and sign up by 5:45pm tonight. Okay, I will quit bugging you now! Have a great afternoon. Enjoy CSPAN. (never thought I would say that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have CSPAN blocked from the TV so please let us know how things turned out for Mr. Echohawk...that is so exciting!! And I just feel like a broken record telling you bow absolutely cute your cards are ~ you can see the time and effort and love you out into each one!! Congrats on the scout calling!! You'll do awesome! I actually grew to love scouting believe it or not! You'll be a pro by the time you little guy is a "wolf"...which will be next time ya blink {seems like that anyway}! And I want to send you a very Happy Mother's Day wish! "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~ Tenneva Jordan. I hope you get some pie today and so much more! ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete