Monday, January 18, 2010

You Want To Know What Would Make Me Happy?

I'll tell you...although I feel a little exposed saying this...I have always wanted to have one of my little projects published. I have sent in many but thus far I haven't had any luck in the published department. I guess I haven't figured out the tricks of the trade yet, but my favorite magazine ever is CARDS magazine. It is awesome. It's a little pricey, so when I do break down and buy it, it's really a treat. The people over at CARDS even have it available on the internet for much less money but I just LOVE touching the pages and turning them and being excited about what's on the next page. CARDS even has a blog and they post weekly challenges. I've never actually done one before but I've always had it on my "need to do" list (it's one long list, I tell you). Today, I was going to finish cleaning my basement but I just wasn't feeling it. My husband suggested that I work on a project instead (don't you just love that guy?) and I thought about it for about 3 seconds and decided on the project. I mean basement or project, what would you choose?
The CARDS challenge was to use trees and/or branches and here's mine.
I have a crazy amount of scraps left from the calendars project so if this looks kind of like you've seen it before, that's why. The paper is Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye, Crate Paper, and Doodlebug. The glitter paper is also Doodlebug. All of the letter stickers are from Making Memories and the jewels, hemp and button are just some I had hanging around. My husband thinks it's funny that I just have a "personal stash" of hemp. Sounds a little like the DEA will be dropping by. Well, I better go make some dinner just in case they do stop by. I'd hate for their trip to be a total "bust" (ha! Get it!) At least they can have some speggetti, as my son calls it.

1 comment:

  1. So very creative! Bright & cheerful! Reminds me of a summer day hanging out in a fruit orchard! Awesome job with the Cards tree/ branch challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete