Monday, October 4, 2010

Powerful Words

When I was young, I remember my mom listening to Brian Tracy's "The Psychology of Achievement" cassette tapes while she did just about anything that she could do while listening to tapes. Even though I have never met Brian Tracy, he sort of feels like a part of the family. She credits Brian Tracy with changing her life and if you know her then you know that she is pretty incredible! While I was at her house, I noticed that she was reading this book.

She told me that it was also life changing, so I headed out to my local Barnes & Noble, and picked myself up a copy! I have listened to the "Psychology of Achievement" a gazillion times, but this book is even better. I LOVE it. If you are looking to make changes in your life, Brian Tracy is the guy for you. My mom just finished reading his "No Excuses" book and loves it too. That will be my next read. Anyway...Brian Tracy emphasizes the power of thoughts and words in your life. So I did a little journal page in my altered book about some of the words I want to be described as. Some of them I already am, some of them I am some of the time, and some of them I am still working on.
I painted the background with the palette knife and it was so much fun. I have been slopping around a lot of paint with my palette knife ever since. I love that thing!
And speaking of positive things coming into my life, I just received the most amazing surprise the other day, but you'll have to wait to see what it is. It is a GINORMOUS (is that even a word?) blessing to me! Stay tuned because it might just involve a giveaway (my first ever on my blog). Have a good day and go out and change your life!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love this journal page! It looks like something I'd hang on my wall. And I have a feeling if you asked some of your friends and family which words fell in your "I am" category and which were the "to be worked on", you'd be surprised at what they say. :-)

    ReplyDelete