Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Book Fair

I LOVE book fairs! I am a total sucker when it comes to buying my kids books. I try to volunteer for at least one shift every time the book fair rolls around. I LOVE visiting with the kids at the school, most of which I have witnessed grow up during my daughter's time there. They are sweet, goofy, fun, and just plain adorable! LOVE them.
So, this afternoon was my shift to work the book fair. I brought along my sketchbook, pens, and watercolors to play during the down times. I was totally inspired by THIS amazing post by Alisa Burke. You absolutely must go check it out...now. Don't read another thing until you see it. Go ahead...I'll wait. Waiting....waiting....waiting.......

Unbelievable...I know! She totally amazes me. Here is the beginning of my Alisa inspired sketch.
I very much enjoyed working on this while there was no book shopping going on. The best part is, if you have a Koi waterbrush, you can pretty much do this anywhere. Everything I needed fit into a pencil bag. In fact, I think this page is calling me to finish it right now. So off I go. I show the finished product later. Go...get out your sketchbook...I'm telling you, this is great fun.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love Alisa's blog. She always has something cool to share.. I love your page its so full of color and line and energy. I can't wait to come play next week.

    ReplyDelete