Friday, April 3, 2009

Big A Little a, What Begins With A...

...Alexis and Alexandra. A...A...A. Well since Miss Lexie is here now and she and my daughter not only are the only girls but also have very similar names which both start with the letter A, my daughter and I decided she needed a big letter A for her room. We went over and matched some paper with the paint on Lexie's wall (you can't have the wrong color of pink, you know) and set to work.

We started with a large unfinished wooden A. It is almost 12" high. I first painted it with 2 coats of white acrylic and then 2 coats of a spectacular pink called "Poodle Skirt Pink". It is the precise color of Lexie's room. Then I sanded it a little to reveal the white paint in places. I then Mod Podged on a sheet of paper by My Mind's Eye from their Penny Lane collection. I used sandpaper to sand off the edges of the paper and make it fit just right.

The chipboard flower is from Melissa Frances and the patterned papers in the flower center and the leaves are, Daisy D's, SEI, Fancy Pants, and Dream Street Papers.


The epoxy brad is from Imaginisce and I coated everything that wasn't already sparkly with a coat of Martha Stewart glitter.
This butterfly is a little blurry but it started out as a Scenic Route chipboard butterfly. I gave it a coat of "Poodle Skirt Pink" (I just love saying that) and Mod Podged Daisy D's and Fancy Pants paper on it. Coated it with glitter and added some jewels. I also added jewels for the butterfly's trail. I added a pink ribbon with white polka dots and holy cow! It just looks like a little girl. Pink with flowers, glitter, jewels, and a bow totally just says GIRL! It so reminds me of Miss Lexie. Hope she loves it (or at least my amazing sister-in-law).

4 comments:

  1. Nice A! What movie did you guys go to? Tyler is very excited for Monday. We told him last night and so he thought he was coming over this morning, so that was the first thing he asked about. They did so well yesterday. They never fought even once, but they played with eachother most of the day. Anyway, they totally need to play more often. We need to get our schedules out and set something up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet!!! Love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the comment about reusing items. I'd LOVE to see one of your crayone box purses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete