Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Highly Prized

Well, I've been doing pretty well on my goal of a sketch a day despite the fact that I've been hit with a GIANT (did I mention giant?) migraine. So, basically that's all I've been able to do. The Sketchbook Challenge announced the theme for January as "Highly Prized". So I've been sketching some pretty valuable things around here.
Here's something I very much value. It has taken me a while to assemble this collection of Golden Acrylics. I LOVE them so, but they are true to their name when it comes buying them...they really are "golden".
Here's two of my daughter's (two of a gazillion, I think) favorite Littlest Pet Shop pets. Littlest Pet Shop anything is highly prized to her.
My little guy is learning that letters have sounds and he loves spending time spelling words with me. We spend quite a bit of time "spelling" with his plastic letters. We don't even use the magnets, just lay out words on the floor. It's some of our favorite time together. To me, the letters represent our "highly prized" time together.
I've been pretty impressed with myself at keeping up with my sketchbook each day and with the exception of an rather unfortunate rendering of my daughter's Blythe doll, I've been OK with sharing the sketches. Blythe was good for some laughs around here and is now known as "zombie girl". Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to share but for now I think it best that she stay hidden in the book. She can cause nightmares. And speaking of that, I think I had better head off to bed. I have got to get rid of this headache.

1 comment:

  1. Jolene,

    You are doing so great with your sketching. I haven't done a thing but the cover. Soon I hope to be sketching away. I need to get off the computer...

    ReplyDelete