Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Snowy Spring Day

Well, here where I live, it has been snowing off and on all day and all I can say about it is: BLAAAHHHH! I am so sick of cold, wind, and brown grass. I need spring to come to my neck of the woods. So I had to break out a few tricks to boost my happiness level and I thought I would share them with you. Maybe they would help you think spring (even if it is snowing).

First up, THIS video by the incredibly awesome Pam Garrison. She posted this over a year ago but I must have watched it at least a dozen times. It just makes me SO HAPPY!!! All those stacks of her amazing journals. The colors. The shabby fabric. The vintage images. It is just happiness to me. I LOVE THIS video (so much so that I posted the link twice). If you love art journals (and maybe even if you don't), you have GOT to watch it!

My other little trick today was making some "springy" cookies. I actually made them for my super cool friend Kandice. It was her birthday over a week ago and I finally finished a little something I was making for her and I wanted to bring cookies too. I made these:

These are the Orange-Kissed Cookies from Our Best Bites. You can find the recipe HERE. These are ridiculously yummy and taste like spring. And while I'm on the subject, I must say that I love ourbestbites.com. I have yet to make anything from their site that hasn't been delicious, especially their Chicken FAJITAS. They might, in fact, be my favorite thing to eat. Make them. I'm not kidding. Do not try to add things or omit things. Make them EXACTLY as they direct. I have not met anyone who doesn't love them. While I am not being paid in any way by the girls at Our Best Bites, I can tell you that I also bought their cookbook over the weekend and I must say that it is really good. I had sworn myself to not buy another cookbook again but when I saw theirs, I decided it was good enough to break my self imposed rule. My only complaint was that they neglected to include the chicken fajita recipe (did I mention it was awesome?), but I've made it enough that I almost have it memorized. I'm sure it was just an oversight. Between Pam Garrison's video and the Our Best Bites Orange cookies, I'm feeling pretty good despite the weather. And now I'm off to deliver some joy to Kandice.

3 comments:

  1. LOADS of joy! I can't stop looking at my lovely gift! You are so talented, and I don't know how I got so lucky to move into the same neighborhood AND get you for a VT! Thanks again a million times...I LOVE IT!

    Oh, and I must SECOND the vote for the orange cookies...they might have lasted an hour. :-) And the fajitas...oh, the fajita! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cute girl- thanks for the shout-out! I'm so glad you like those cookies (and the fajitas!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene,

    Have you seen this one. http://vimeo.com/21720137

    ReplyDelete