Friday, April 29, 2011

Is It A Piano?..And Some Journaling

So yesterday, I just HAD to do something in my art journal and while I was busy playing with art supplies, my son was busy finding a new use for my piano...



Isn't that the cutest thing? Every single big space between the black keys has a car parked in it. I just had to let them stay until my daughter had to use the piano to practice. I honestly have NEVER thought about the B-C and the E-F spaces as the perfect Hot Wheel parking stalls. I am finding that much of the learning that takes place in Mommyland is really just the mommy saying, "Well, gee, I have never thought of it that way." Plus, the adventures in Mommyland are way more exciting/bone rattling/exhausting/comical than anything that Disneyland could come up with.

On that same note, here is a little something I have been working on in my altered book journal.

I even convinced a little finger to hold it open for me so I could take a picture. Truly I am grateful to be able to be a stay at home (or car...whatever) mom. Even though some days I feel like banging my head or screaming into a pillow (and I would if I wasn't just so dang tired), I really am blessed to have this opportunity. I have the 2 best kids. LOVE THEM!AND...Don't you just love this quote? I had glued the top of a paper bag into my book a month ago and yesterday it occurred to me that it would make a great fence. I also received a sheet of address labels from the good folks at St. Jude's and since I really don't use them on mail, I stuck them all together into strips. I then wove the strips together as I stuck them to my book despite having no real reason to do so. After I gessoed and painted over them, I really liked the texture and I didn't have to feel guilty about throwing away the gift from St. Jude's, although I will have to feel guilty about not sending them a donation. I know they do great things but my philanthropic budget is a little tight these days, and since, I guess, mom's are supposed to feel guilty about something, that will have to be it for me. But, thank you for the new collage fodder, St. Jude's. I really do appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Jake, you're a genius! Who would have thought a piano could be so useful!
    Jolene, LOVE the sketches--once again they bring joy to my soul. Thanks for sharing your great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew you'd fill in the blank!

    ReplyDelete