Wednesday, July 24, 2013

All War Belongs On Paper

So, during my long blogging absence, I have been dealing with some tough things.  Most of them are still fresh and precious and I'm not really ready to share too many details, but I will say that I am learning to allow myself to be a little more vulnerable (slowly) and trusting.  Vulnerable and trusting is NOT my talent.  I am (and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this) my own worst enemy.  Between learning to manage my fibro and breaking down my very well built walls, I end up feeling a little banged up sometimes.  It is during those times that a bit of divine intervention shows up and the basis for this page is no different.  This quote and the words of Byron "Katie" Reid came into my life at exactly the time that I needed it.
How GREAT is that quote?!!!  This quote sums up in five words why I journal.  Sometimes it is happy and bright.  Sometimes it is just, well, NOT.  Either way, it is part of me and my expression of whatever battle I am in at the time and it's ALL okay.  In fact, this page is from a journal that I lovingly call my "Welcome To Bolivia" journal and there is a good possibility that I will have to BURN it at some point.  There are things in there that I'm not sure I will ever be comfortable with them seeing the light of day!  Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I bet that page was completely...freeing for you. So much emotion purged. You seriously make me want to start an art journal. But since I can hardly draw a stick figure, maybe I'll take it out on my photography. :D Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art evokes feeling--LOVE it! Be sure to tear this page out if you decide to burn "Welcome to Bolivia"! :) You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete