Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What A Lucky Day!

Can I just tell you...today has been rather eventful and other than my 2 year old being...well...a 2 year old, it's been mostly good events.
First of all, I finally got to work on my Roree Rumph challenge card. She posted a challenge almost 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to work on it ever since. It can't be just any card though, I mean this is ROREE. You all know how much I love her work since I'm always going on about it so I can't just throw something together (like I could if I wanted to). The challenge went like this: A card using one of the "Sketch This" sketches, at least 5 manufacturers, and texture (not flat). Here's what I ended up with.

This little card uses patterned paper by Imaginisce, Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye, Carolee's Creations, Bo Bunny Press, and Dream Street Papers. The chipboard frame (altered, it was blue) and letter stickers are Making Memories. The ribbon in American Crafts and the brads are Doodlebug. The glitter is Martha Stewart. The flower center pebble is Colorbok and I think that about does it. The "Sketch This" sketch I chose was card sketch #32. There were so many great sketches, it was a pretty hard decision. "Sketch This" is a great place to find yourself if your looking for a little inspiration.
Yesterday, my daughter had been really thinking about what she was going to wear to school today that was green. Neither one of has much green in our wardrobe and neither one of us is too willing to start adding green any time soon, so while we were in Wal-Mart she said, "It's too bad I don't have any green nail polish." I thought that was brilliant idea so we turned around and headed to the cosmetic department in search of green nail polish. She asked if I would paint my nails too and she looked so cute when she asked so I agreed. Last night we painted our nails and all day long this is what I saw as I was working. (Only not as blurry, I'm not going blind yet.)
Let me tell you, for a girl who doesn't even paint her nails with clear polish, this is quite a shock to look at all day. Maybe this green polish has brought on some extra luck though. And here's why...
You know that empty spoon hook in my kitchen? Well, it is empty no more. My mailman left me a package from that awesome Melissa Phillips and inside was...you guess it. My brand new Jillie Willie apron. It is even cooler in real life. I may have to wear it all day tomorrow. I love it. Thank you Melissa and Jillie Willie.
I got to go to the birthday party of this little man.
Tyler is 3 today. He is the sweetest guy. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I held him in the hospital. He was my sister's 9 pound preemie. He was just a big boy. In the NICU, on the night he was born, there were all of these teeny, tiny little things and then there was our Tyler. So easy going. Just hanging out in his almost too small plastic box. Now look at him. He makes me smile. Just Sunday, he pulled the fire alarm at church and had to apologize to the bishop and then the firemen when they arrived. He was so good about it. How I love this guy. He always makes me smile. Happy Birthday Tyler! And guess what? At the birthday party, I found out that our family's girl is on her way. Probably will be here in the morning. I'm so excited. I might have to paint my nails pink in honor of her. I'll have to ask my daughter if she would be willing to share her nail polish because the only color I have is "Kermit Green". I love our family and I can't wait to meet the newest member.
Whew! What a day! I'm off to bed. Hopefully, tomorrow is just as exciting for me and you! Good night!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card, I love the colors and the flowers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the green. I don't really think that you should part with it! I love the card. Cute as usual! Hope you had fun at your class. Jake was cute and well behaved at my house, so he must save the fun stuff for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jolene! Love that layered flower. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge. Hope you have a great day. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete