Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Cutest Bag

Melissa Phillips posted this ridiculously cute bag on her blog with a little challenge to create a card inspired by something about this bag. It is made by Jillie Willie and I LOVE it. Anyways, she will choose her favorite card from the challenge and they will win the bag! I've certainly done more difficult things for a cute accessory so I absolutely had to work on a card for one of my Tuesday projects.

Here's what I've come up with:
I was in love with the colors and the dots so they had to be included in my version. I was inspired by the flower and used machine stitching and a buckle to pay homage (did I just use the homage? Wow!)to the fact that it was based on a bag. The sun is out here today and it has made for difficult picture taking but I think you can get the idea. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants, and We R Memory Keepers. The scallop circle punch is from Stampin' Up (thank you Jenny) and the "fabulous" is from the Graphically Speaking cartridge for the Cricut. The owner of the scrapbook store in Shelley lets you use her Cricut when you buy paper there. She is the sweetest thing. The rub-on letters are American Crafts. Wish me luck because I am NEEDING that bag.


7 comments:

  1. You so rocked Melissa's challenge! That bag is just the cutest and your card goes perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How CUTE....love that buckle...love the rhinestones in the corner...the colors of course are perfect. I love this! Thanks for playing along.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge.. Great card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so have this challenge "in the bag"... {wink,wink}! What a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! It's the perfect inspiration card for this purse-I love the metal ring with ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FAB!! I love it to pieces! Good luck in Melissa's contest!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete