Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love Bags

You know, it seems like there's always a theme forming to my week and this week it's bags. First there was the Melissa Phillips challenge with the absolute cutest bag and now there is a challenge at Papertrey Ink and guess what?...it is some sort of altered bag. Well, I've been needing to finish some little valentines for my sweet little family, so I just had to combine the challenge with my to do list. This little gable is made from a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and is pretty simple. I found the tutorial on Split Coast Stampers and bookmarked it for later and today is later. I don't own a big oval punch, so I traced an oval shampoo bottle and cut it with my exacto knife. Little extra work, but turned out just the same. Anyways, here is the tutorial if you are interested in making your own: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/gablebox/
So here's my little bag I made for my daughter for Valentine's day. I have some kisses and wrapped mini candy bars to put inside.
Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 2nd birthday with 2 weeks full of giveaways and challenges. Now I'm not much of a stamper (budget doesn't allow for lots of stamps) but those girls at Papertrey are making me need more stamps in my life. Plus they have these templates that you can buy and print to make lots of cool little packages, boxes, bags, envelopes, more than you could imagine. I love those things. OK, enough already, I guess I kinda got a little too excited to share. Well, this little box uses Fancy Pants and Scenic Route patterned paper. Rub-ons are American Crafts and Daisy D's. Glitter letter stickers are Making Memories. Time for bed for me. I still have the crud. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment