Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lighthearted

Water media. I have the hardest time using water media in my art journal and I just don't know why. I paint with watercolors all the time but not often in my art journal. In Christy Tomlinson's "She Had 3 Hearts" workshop, she demos lots of water media, so I decided to make myself use them in my journal. This page was done with watercolor crayons and Gelatos and it was a struggle! It is just a different mindset for me. In the end, I did enjoy myself and the experiment, but I will definitely have to work with these things more. While I'm not crazy about the page, I had a learning experience and isn't that what it's all about? At least that's what I keep reminding myself.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this page Jolene but I know the struggle you are speaking about. I think it has to do with the paper in our journals. Very nice page regardless.
    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! You are pretty lighthearted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your struggle but the results were worth it, this page is lovely.

    ReplyDelete