Monday, January 16, 2012

Bird and My Word

It all started with a late night test of my new Tulip fabric spray paints.  I bought the party pack and I just wanted to see what all of the colors looked like.  Let me just say, all together, they definitely looked like a party.  The next day when my kids and I were examining my experiment, we saw kind of a creepy face and a bird hiding in the background.  I opted for the bird and painted it in with some gesso.  Then for a reason that I cannot explain, I painted leaf shapes in red, pink, orange, purple, blue, and green.  I don't know why, just did.  I started adding layers of paint and Sharpie paint pens but I still wasn't happy with the background, so I decided to experiment with my brand new, super, amazing, Caran D'Ache Neocolor II's.  Have I mentioned that I LOVE those things?  I may have mentioned it every single day to any member of my family that is pretending to listen to me.  I also may have GENTLY hugged the tin a time or two.  I still can't believe that I have waited this long to buy some.  They are definitely an example of the joy GOOD art supplies can bring to your life.  I was so frustrated with the other water soluble crayons I had tried that I couldn't imagine why I would want a crazy expensive box of them.  Now I know.
I also included my word on my little bird's wing.  I had this great idea to write it somewhere, on some layer of all my pages this year.  Then I'll remember it.  I probably won't be able to see it when I'm done, but it will be there somewhere.  My little secret.

2 comments:

  1. Cool bird! Glad your kids found the phantom bird in the background! Funny kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Jolene. What you described is your muse speaking to you, telling you where the art should go. My best advice is to follow those inclinations, just as you did and what a beautiful piece you created. Awesome job. I so love it that you love those neocolor II's so much. It brings a big smile to my face. I need to come over and see you inktense blocks, since I have not tried them yet. Would a day next week work?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete