Thursday, January 12, 2012

We Have A Word

I have been racking my brain lately, trying to come up with my word for 2012.  There are just some really great words.  Narrowing my list down to one word was a challenge.  So, as I doodled for THIS class, I pondered what I wanted my year to look like.  As I neared the end of creating the absolute riot of color I ended up with, I still wasn't sure.  The word "persist" kept coming up so I pulled out one of my old dictionaries and fortunately for me, I hadn't already torn out the "persist" page and glued it to something.  When I read the definition for "persist", it felt close, but not quite right.  Then as I glanced up the page, I happened upon "perseverance" and fell in love with definition #2.  "2.  Theol.  Continuance in a state of grace until it is succeeded by a state of glory."  Perfect!

And just like that I have a word.  PERSEVERANCE.  I cut it out and glued it to my riot of color right away.  By the way, this was fun to do.  I'm pretty excited to get my hands on Traci's new book, but it's still not out yet so I'll have to be patient.  I had to force myself to use the oil pastels in this class, because normally, I hate those things, but I persevered (see, my word's working already) and I also learned that I love a script liner brush and some India ink.


2 comments:

  1. Love your word choice, it really speaks about you. Love your doodles too. You seem to have fun playing lately and that is good to see.

    ReplyDelete