Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bright Hope

Today, I have sat in front of my television, unable to turn away from the inaugural coverage. I suppose it is no secret how I feel about President Obama. If it is...I love him. I really struggled with my decision when it came election time this year. I love my country. And I love being the chief judge for my precinct. I am very proud of my involvement in the election process. But I want to make the right choice. I generally find myself voting democrat but I always vote for who I believe is the right person after much prayer and consideration regardless of party. The choice this year was difficult because both Obama and McCain are both good men in my eyes. But I am proud of my country for being willing to elect a man who would have been "unelectable" just a few years ago, based on his race. I love that Obama speaks of hope and I made this little reminder for myself of this day.

It says "Bright Hope" and that is my prayer for those in my country tonight and I continue to pray for President Obama and the other government leaders. Support and unity regardless of who we voted for will only make our country stronger despite our differences.

"The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness." -President Barack Obama, Inauguration Speech

No comments:

Post a Comment